Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proper driver for unipolar 2.5a stepper motor control..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHARGAVSHANKHALPARA

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone, i need help in my sliding mechanism project...

actually i am going to made one slider mechanism for one machine. Torque require for that is around 10KG. so i select stepper motor for turning shaft. and specification of that motor is...(SANYO DENKI MODEL NO. 103H7123-8653, 2.5A DC, 1.8 DEG/ STEP). i am going to control this stepper motor using ATMEGA8 micro controller ,due to motor higher current rating i am not sure that which type of driver i need for this type application.

please send me link if you find any circuit for that or any particular IC for this application...

Dear BHARGAVSHANKHALPARA,
You can use L298 for that which can support upto 4Amps. I used it for the 15KG motor which is bi-polor. With that You can control very accuratly using microstepping method.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.