Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picstudent said:
levy_k said:
First of all, get a scope or a logic analyser and check

Ok. Will arrange a scope and see what is going on.

I have only a old ocilloscope, no storage. I think nothing can be done on that.
Let me arrange a DSO

Thanks a lot

A cheap logic analyzer( $10) with ATMEGA16 you'll find here :

**broken link removed**

Thanks for the link.

Could you suggest me a reasonably to low prized DSO for my purposes- MCU work. (Not high end).

Logic analyzer, I think I can build this.

Thanks a lot

Regards

hi all
i have made an rs-232 icd2. it is seen by mplab.
but i cant program 16ef877 . this i can see in the window:

Programming Target...
...Erasing Part
...Programming EEPROM Memory
...Programming Program Memory
...Programming User IDs
...Loading DebugExecutive
...Programming DebugExecutive
...Programming Debug Vector
...Programming Configuration Bits Verifying...
...Program Memory ICD0161: (CMemory::Verify) Verify failed (MemType = 0x0, Address = 0x0, Expected Val = 0x18A, Val Read = 0x0)
...Verify Failed (and stopped)
...Verify Failed (and stopped) .
..Programming failed

thanx

hi
first sorry for my english

i want to built my own ICD2 from PiCS
but what is the last version of this clone?
on www.icd2clone.com there are two versions Rev B and Rev C but the link to the two *.zip files are both the same so where can i get the last(and better) version?

greets
IchKG

Question about ICD2 clone PiCS (Rev B).
I build my prototype, program 18f4550 like desc file (mclr disable and RE3 enable).
PC correct recognize microchip ICD2 but MPLAB can't connect to ICD. There are different fuse setting for 16F877A?
How can I can check if my prototype is mounted correct ?

Hi buddace,

install the device driver:

C:\Programme\Microchip\MPLAB IDE\Utilities\MPUsbIRU\MPUsbIRU.exe

Then plug in the ICD2 into the usb...

Hope i can help you...

whpeoutnrw

EXELENTE TRabajo ...
ALGUEN QUE HABLE ESPAÑOL PODRIA DECIRME DONDE DESCARAGAR EL ESQUEMA ACTUALISADO DEL ICD2 CLONE de tantos ya perdi la cuenta

I've built Potyo v2 programmer and have problem with Vpp signal.When I'm trying to connect to ICD2 in MPLAB, error unknown target comes.In status I have:
Target Vdd: pass
Module Vpp:low
MCLR Gnd:pass
MCLR Vdd:low

In Power I have:
Target Vdd:2.62
Target Vpp:2.56
MPLAB ICD2 Vpp:2.88

I connect jumper Vpp to jumper CMOS-EN.(X5-3 and X5-2).Reset(J1-J2) are not connected.Programmer is detected by OS and it is possible to upload a firmware into it.
As i know Vpp must be 13V,but i can't understand how can programmer get 13 volts from 5 volt USB.I measured voltage between GND and Vpp and there is 3V.
I put 150uH inductivity instead of 170uH.Can this be a mistake?Also I don't understand what R41 resistance is.It is written 0.47,I soldered 4k7.But in MC34063 thre is 47k resistance.So maybe because of 4k7 Vpp is not 13V?
Thanks.

Added after 2 hours 48 minutes:

I changed R41 to 47k but there is still low Vpp

Hm,I think there is no resistor which hase 0.47ohm resistance.In potyo2.pdf there is R41 0.47 resistor.Can I change it to jumper(short)?

no the resitor is important for the curentlimit
mfG
IchKG

There are no resistors whith 0.47ohm resistance.Maybe 47ohm resistor is needed?

Thanks.I soldered 0.47ohm resistor and now i have in status:
Target Vdd:pass
Module Vpp:pass
MCLR Gnd:pass
MCLR Vpp:pass

in power:
Target Vdd:2.62
Target Vpp:11.42
MPLAB ICD2 Vpp:11.82

Invalid target device id (expected=0x21, read=0x0)
error comes

Added after 8 minutes:

what part of programmer i need to check for errors?

Added after 2 hours 23 minutes:

As i understand MCLR signal can be 0 +5 +12V.MPLAB performs Self-test to check is it possible to set MCLR line to theese tree signals.In my case MCLR Vdd :low,it means that MCLR line can't be set to +5V.

Now I'm trying to understand how ICD2 v2 clone works.MC34063 is a transformer which can generate +5,+12,+0V.MCP41010 is a digital potentiometer which is conducted by 16F877.Depending on the DPOT1 level MC34063 will generate +5,+12, +0V.
Am I right?

I selected dspic30f2010 and everything works fine,although in status I have MCLR Vdd:low.Also in power checkbox "Power taget circuit from MPLAB ICD2" is grayed.It is written that it is a tool setting not a project setting.What does this mean?

hi,
you can force power mode in icd2.ini file.
I've the same problem, I've modify this file, and it works. If you change target, with another OS, you must redo this manipulation.
The original icd2 must have external power with dspic.
CD:D

I AM NEW IN THE FORUM AND I DO NOT SPEAK WELL ENGLISH PODRIAN PLEASE TO SAY TO ME THAT MODEL I CAN UNLOAD OF THE ICD2 TO PROVE IT THANKS
FROM PERU

>>you can force power mode in icd2.ini file.
I can't find icd2.ini file,my MPLAB version is 8.20

Is it possible to replace 18f4550 with 18f2550 because 18f2550 is readily available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back