Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Project to replace CY7C64613 in the ICD2

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have finish my icd. very good .
thanks every one who helped me,
i made two,so i,m using one programmer to program the other programmer.
^-^

but one problem,i have never seen the usb-LED glitter.i have connect it with RC1.

hi all
i built the icd2 from the idc.com
the error appear:
Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
ICD0289: Unable to re-program ICD2 USB OS firmware.
ICD0021: Unable to connect with MPLAB ICD 2
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
ICD0019: Communications: Failed to open port: (Windows::GetLastError() = 0x0, 'The operation completed successfully.
')
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

can anyone help me please

thanx for your kindness

mybe i think your firmware is wrong,download it from this website and reprogram the chip, or you should check the npn audion is right between 887a and 4550.

but my problem is :
I have connected the usb led to RC1, but why i have never seen the led have blinked.

thanx for your kindness

xiaokang1027 said:
but my problem is :
I have connected the usb led to RC1, but why i have never seen the led have blinked.

Is this problem?

Does Potyo2 work with 3.3V device?I saw on schematic that VDD for MCU use from USB port.

potyo said:
xiaokang1027 said:
but my problem is :

Is this problem?

the programmer can used for program and debuge,but i hope the LED can indication exact. have your programmer's USB LED blinked?

please any one can helpme

i build an icd2 usb programmer using pic16f4550 pic16f877a and the mc ic
(PiCS (Rev B) )

when i plug the board into the usb sockt i hear a sound indicate that a new usb device connected to the pc but when i try to connect the icd2 usb using mplab7.5 i found the error {Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
ICD0019: Communications: Failed to open port: (Windows::GetLastError() = 0x2, 'The system cannot find the file specified.
')
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready}]

i program the pic16f4550 using a self build serial icd2

marwan naboulsi said:
please any one can helpme

i build an icd2 usb programmer using pic16f4550 pic16f877a and the mc ic
(PiCS (Rev B) )

when i plug the board into the usb sockt i hear a sound indicate that a new usb device connected to the pc but when i try to connect the icd2 usb using mplab7.5 i found the error {Connecting to MPLAB ICD 2
ICD0019: Communications: Failed to open port: (Windows::GetLastError() = 0x2, 'The system cannot find the file specified.
')
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready}]

i program the pic16f4550 using a self build serial icd2
Do you see the ICD2 in Device Manager? Reinstall the driver using mpusbiru.exe (you can find it somewhere in MPLAB's directory, or in the Data1.cab)

Added after 1 minutes:

darko79 said:
Does Potyo2 work with 3.3V device?I saw on schematic that VDD for MCU use from USB port.
For low voltage devices powering from USB is automatically disabled, you must have own power supply.

Added after 3 minutes:

xiaokang1027 said:
potyo said:
xiaokang1027 said:
but my problem is :

Is this problem?

the programmer can used for program and debuge,but i hope the LED can indication exact. have your programmer's USB LED blinked?
I think, this led indicates an error on the usb, but i don't know exactly what. I have seen blinking it 2 or 3 times only, when i have quickly reconnected the ICD after disconnecting.

mrs protyo
can you upload full schematic + the bootloaders(877a,4550) for the (PiCS (Rev B) )
please and i will rebuild another icd usb using new components

please
thanx for you
best regards

Added after 4 minutes:

sorry potyo

Hi, I get the following log, can you help me?

Thank you

Auto-connect not enabled - Not connecting (Try enabling auto-connect on the ICD2 settings pages.)
Downloading Operating System
...Connected
Setting Vdd source to MPLAB ICD 2
ICDWarn0020: Invalid target device id (expected=0x71, read=0x1FF)
...Reading ICD Product ID
Running ICD Self Test
...Passed
...Download Operating System Succeeded
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
...Connected
Running ICD Self Test
...Passed
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Programming Target...
...Validating configuration fields
...Erasing Part
Verifying...
...Verify Succeeded
Programming Configuration Bits
.. Config Memory
Verifying configuration memory...
...Verify Failed (and stopped)
ICD0161: Verify failed (MemType = Config, Address = 0x2007, Expected Val = 0x3FFE, Val Read = 0x3FFF)
ICD0275: Programming failed.
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

robinh said:
Hi, I get the following log, can you help me?

Thank you

Auto-connect not enabled - Not connecting (Try enabling auto-connect on the ICD2 settings pages.)
Downloading Operating System
...Connected
Running ICD Self Test
...Passed
...Download Operating System Succeeded
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
...Connected
Running ICD Self Test
...Passed
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready
Programming Target...
...Validating configuration fields
...Erasing Part
Verifying...
...Verify Succeeded
Programming Configuration Bits
.. Config Memory
Verifying configuration memory...
...Verify Failed (and stopped)
ICD0161: Verify failed (MemType = Config, Address = 0x2007, Expected Val = 0x3FFE, Val Read = 0x3FFF)
ICD0275: Programming failed.
MPLAB ICD 2 Ready

if you take away the object board or the object PIC chip,you will find the same error. so the connect between the ICD2'CPU and the object PIC chip have some problem. that is to say, mybe some error or disconnect happened between them.
check it!
Best regard!

If you are using RJ12 connector on your target board, perhaps you haven't reversed the pins (see ICD2 manual for this, it's on the beginning of it, pdf is included with MPLab)

hi to all

First of all thanks for Zedman, albert22, Brem, potyo, PiCS and all others!

I've build the PiCS Rev B. At start it don't works. I put 10K pull-up resistor on

MCLR of 18F4550, six 100nF sparsed at supply line, reduce crystal caps to 10pF an

change USB regulator cap to 1uF. I've used firmware on www.icd2clone.com (for 877A)

It works well some times (download operating system and program 16F648A) but most of

the time:

- Windows don't recognize
- Don't connect
- Connect but download OS fail (Comunications error).
- Connect, Download OS, Pass on self test, recognize Device ID, read device, but

fails when programming device (Comunications error).

I've been observed all problems related in this thread and see it works too.

What's the problem? I think that PiCS design (with these modifications) works good. Many people say that it works.

If you think that's the problem is on my PC I say to you that I tested in three PCs. (using MPLAB 7.50)

anyone have any sugestion?

program 877A with RC oscillator

Thanks for sugestion PiCS but at moment the problem is that windows don't recognize even whit 877A out of board. I'll try program 18F4550 whit a RS-232 emulation test program to sure that microcontroller USB port is OK. I try change the crystal and don't see it works anymore. :(

I'll restore the crystal used first and post the result of tests.

Hi potyo

I think that oscillator buffer drain less current of tank circuit (the crystal) when in RC mode. It occurs because the oscillator buffer in RC mode is a schimit-trigger.

Is this correct PiCS?

potyo, what's the function of R23 in your design? I see that PiCS design don't use it. I try to put it in my board but it's not the problem that I make.

sorry for bad english

with RC an work good and with HS conected fail
input for external clock is trigger schmit

Hi guys , i've just completed Crazyduck ICD2 !! i did use the 2 hex files from his icd2.rar files, my problem is a total nightmare when i try to install it on a new computer !!! the usb driver has a hard time to recognise it , up to now i have been able to install it on 1 system under XP SP2 (so i know it is working) , but i had to reprogram the 4550 twice !!! what is the proper procedure to install it , i thought it was plug and play !!! right now i'm trying to install it on win2k without any success yet !!!

Thanks

mindstorm88 said:
Hi guys , i've just completed Crazyduck ICD2 !! i did use the 2 hex files from his icd2.rar files, my problem is a total nightmare when i try to install it on a new computer !!! the usb driver has a hard time to recognise it , up to now i have been able to install it on 1 system under XP SP2 (so i know it is working) , but i had to reprogram the 4550 twice !!! what is the proper procedure to install it , i thought it was plug and play !!! right now i'm trying to install it on win2k without any success yet !!!

Thanks

It's exactly my problem. I use XP SP2 too. After one error I need to remove and reinstall the driver (using MpUsbClean and MpUsbIru). You said that:

mindstorm88 said:
the usb driver has a hard time to recognise it

You plug and wait hard time or you plug many times until recognize it imediately?
I plug and unplug until recognise it. I not wait after Windows says "unrecognised device" (Without good results). :(

my nightmare has three weeks now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back