Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project Help- Simple ADC value display

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokero0o

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Project Help- Simple ADC

Hi guys,

I am a newbie on microcontroller. Currently I am doing a project with c18 p18f452 . Basically I have a sensor and I need to display the voltage level from the sensor on LCD. Can anyone familiar with this ? Please help me on this. Thanks.

Re: Project Help- Simple ADC

For that you required Micro controller with inbuilt ADC.
Just interface Microcontroller with LCD & send data microcontroller to LCD.

I guess this will be helpful.

Let me know if you need more info.

Regards
Chanchal

I using pic18f452. The ADC result is in ADRESH which is binary form. How do I convert it to decimal form and pass it to LCD?

just convert the binary to ascii and send it to LCD......if anything goes wrong post specifically...

Project Help- Simple ADC

hi! first u use an micro with onchip adc then confogure its adc with internal or external reference voltage internal is mor convinient uthis can be done by setting few internal register then by measuring the adc voltage you will get a digital value that will be stored in a dedicated register then read this get many value as your require and then take an average of them values and compare or convert the value to show on LCD. if u need more help ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.