Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

project based on cpld or fpga?? help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

monil

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fpga cpld project

hello,
I am new to this field. We have to interface keypad,lcd, and serially communicate with pc. Our aim is to vary the output of programmable device in less than 1ms. We need to control 32 o/p. We have to design our own hardware. For our application cpld or fpga which will be perfect and easy??
please suggest some useful sites related for hardware building, tutorial on cpld/fpga usage.
THANK YOU...

HI,
It will be difficult to implement serial interface, LCD controller and GPIOs in a CPLD, unless you pay a lot of money for it.

I would go for a small FPGA (like the Sptartan 3A starter board from AVNET that is about $49), this ywat you have everything you need, plus all the SW is freely available (ISE 11.3 can be downloaded from Xilinx web site).

Best regards,
/Farhad Abdolian

Status
Not open for further replies.