Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Project about lights glowing in harmony with sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

microlab

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear friends

i am trying to do a project
where i would like to controll the intensity of certain number of electric bulbs according to the music played.
i would like to make a system which consists of 32 bulbs
the out put of a music player will be connected to the system
when the music plays,the bulbs will glow according to the purticular sound frequency and also will change the intensity in accordance with the intensity of a purticular instrument.can anyone suggest an solution for this?

thanking you

ml

music and lights

There should be commercial available chipset or solution available. I remember seeing led bars on some old style radio.

Re: music and lights

Another important circuit!

If you can't find the input transformer (8ohm to 5kohm) you simply can use a 12V stepdown transformer i.e. 220VAC to 12VAC, use the 12VAC winding for audio input (use a veriable resistor and a cap at input) and 220VAC winding for output.

Hi

thank you for the post
can i use the same for more bulbs?
as i said if i use 32 bulbs,will this work?
is there any other solution is available?

ml

These are very simple circuit, I give you an idea that you can filter out the audio and say 10 or more channel and use MOC (optocoupler) and Triac's, to switch to mains. If u want to use single channel and 32 bulbs, it depends on the SCR/Triac's ratings (use higher one), but if u mean 32 channels, yes you can from the above idea.

Regards

music and lights

There is also a free plugin for Winamp called DiscoLitez. You can hook up to 32 Lights (or other effects) to your PC and it can control them based on sound, timers, or user input (like switches and sliders). You can check the software out before building circuits for it to see if it's what you want (kind of a poor mans DMX system). The URL is:
**broken link removed**
Good Luck =)

Status
Not open for further replies.