Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programming pic with another pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil6600

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
is it possible to program a pic using another pic? using ICSP?
thanks

Yes, For example pickit2 clone was built around PIC18f2550

Yes, For example pickit2 clone was built around PIC18f2550

can you please elaborate it? basically i want to send firmware using bluetooth to a nearby pic (some one else is handling the communication with bluetooth, i'll receive the firmware using serial communication from bluetooth module), so this receiver pic in turn will program another pic with the firmware.
thanks

Hi,

You might also want to look at Bootloader programs.

Thats a little bit of code programmed into the Pic chip that then loads the main program code from a serial link from a PC and then executes the main code .

It might be possible to do the same using your BT serial connection - you would only need the one Pic chip then.

Just google ' Pic bootloaders'

Hi,

You might also want to look at Bootloader programs.

Thats a little bit of code programmed into the Pic chip that then loads the main program code from a serial link from a PC and then executes the main code .

It might be possible to do the same using your BT serial connection - you would only need the one Pic chip then.

Just google ' Pic bootloaders'

thanks a lot... i have totally forgotten about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.