Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoKKeR

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Iv been studying automatics for 2 years. (atm. 3. is on ;))

We are going to learn this stuff at school anyway but i want to "kick start" earlier because it is good for me right and it is a skill what i need later .

I have some questions about choices to make.

For first ...i dunno much about programmable micro controllers coz it is what im going to learn at school.

How to start doing this stuff easy(est) way ? Are there any good tutorials on Web... eBooks ... tutorial videos maybe ? Anything useful is welcome ;)

1-------------------------------------------------------
Im planning to buy PIC "development" kit Its is around 100 $ and it got much stuff on it.
With it ill get some tutorial material and demo programs.

PIC18F4XK20 Starter Kit : **broken link removed** 100 $
MPLAB Starter Kit for PIC24F : **broken link removed** 60 $

2-------------------------------------------------------
Iv got PIC chip programming kit. I guess it is for programming PIC microchips .. so far im been told so ;)
It will be much cheaper 10 $ and easier and guess ... At least ill get ... what this stuff tastes like.
I can find many LED flasher-like tutorials on web so it will be optimal choice.

Additional problems ----------------------------------
Problem is about my programming skill, coz i do not got any atm.
Yea iv done Hello word tutorials AND this stuff seems complicated :cry:..
But first steps are always hard ones right ?
Probably ill go for C language ...
About complications ... C Programming language is like a cloud for me ...
IT is like... very accurate commands are very technically linked to each other. There are many commands and u need to know... about almost every1 and everything linked to it.

What about your opinion ? How complicated this stuff could be for beginner and are there any necessary things i need to know.
How long it could take ? to write a code for micro controller chip to flash LEDs or see measurable temperature ?

Thank you !

For C language you can use CCS PCW compiler. Its very good for a you to start with.

JoKKeR

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you !
Ill talk about it with my titcha ;)

What about skill called "programming" ´is it a really "hard to start with" or it is just complicated stuff to get on with ?

By the way i like tease boards .. got much stuff on it ;) , but yea price is higher also.
I m pretty sure ill burn this board down, coz titzas from school talking about stuff like that alot.

**broken link removed** first project tutorial
**broken link removed** C tutorial

Iv checked examples/tutorials and i can almost understand first1 (LED flasher)
About a second1 ... If It is A C code i need to make things work... then i can handle it... but is there is more ... :|

Are there any simulators (fully on PC so i do not need to buy boards or programming tools). Simulators what contain schematic like part and the programming part also i want to see result ... Flashing LEDs for example.

Thank You !

Status
Not open for further replies.