Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming language question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifre

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Ok i am trying to get into programming, i want to find a language that let's you create stand alone executable programs with pretty good GUI(like buttons, text boxes etc) without need for fancy additional software. I find it annoying that you need Visual C++ or Borland or whatever to make programs that dont look old school. Is there such a program? Or do i need software to make software? I was looking at python but they were mentioning Visual C++ to make stand alone execs?

Try Visual Basic. It pretty fast to develop programs using it. It is GUI and event - driven evironment. It has also an optional OOP capability and there are a lot of MS Windows API you can use in case you need you need hard core functions of the system.

If you are developing programs for data acquisition and analysis I suggest use LabView. It is even faster to develop programs that will interface outside variables.

Hi,
Use VC++, its best for
1) Speed
2) Performance
3) Access to all platform api's
4) Control (over COM and low level details).

hope it clears up.

hey.
dont annoy with visual basic.for a real newbie maybe it would help but soon u will see the limits.but if u like to prepare something in minutes yes vb is right choice.
vc++ is hard to learn but im also trying nowadays.
good lux

you dont NEED VC++ or Borland to make fancy GUIs, you just need to know the win32 window library APIs and you can do it with Dev-Cpp
but basically you just need to look into basic window examples with API (not MFC)
RegisterWndClassEx() -> cant remember if thats the way it goes
CreateWindowEx()
SendMessage() -> only needed if you do anything more advanced than assign a function to the window
and Window Proc's

CreateWindowEx() doesnt only create a standard window, but also buttons, textboxes, etc
look up CreateWindow and window classes at https://www.msdn.com for more info on the whole thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back