Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming language for engineers

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnetra

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
best programming language for engineers

Which is the suggested programming language for engineers?
C/C++, Java, C#, Matlab..?

Regards
M

digital communication programming language

its all depends on which kind of program that you would like to do???...

if u r looking for microcontroller programming than C/C++ is best insead of .asm

if u r looking for Digital Communication programming than MATLAB is bast

if u r making any software like GUI or any other than JAVA is best

Popatlal

best programming language to learn for engineers

I depends on what you want of the programming language.
all of the programming languages that you mentioned are the best programming
languages for some specific use.

If you want to do many math and you need to do many heavy math calculations
the best choice is MATLAB. (because many of the complex mathematical functions
are pre built in)

If you want to program for many platforms (Linux ,Unix,Windows,...) you can choose
Java because is platform Independent but it is weak in Hardware interfacing and Low level programming.

Another choice is C and C++ which are very powerful flexible and very strong in
embedded programming and Hardware Interfacing is the best choice for programmers (both in Computer Engineering and Electrical Engineering Fields).

There are nothing specific in Delphi or Visual basic that you prefer these programming languages to the programming languages that i mentioned above.

best programming language engineer

MATLAB is one language that is taught in some very good undergraduate courses as the first programming language. and ofcourse you can see that most textbooks refer to MATLAB, whether they be on Electrical Machines, Communications, Signal Processing or even Numerical Methods or Mechanical Engineering.

So, I believe that knowing MATLAB is an absolute essential if you're doing design stuff in any field related to engineering. MATLAB is a programming language specially designed for engineering and scientific work, whereas other are General programming language designed to create computer programs, with no preference to design work.

Still, if you are willing to work on Embedded Systems - either in the form of Microcontroller or Digital Signal Processors and even FPGAs - good C/C++/ASM knowledge will be an asset.

For Applications programming (if you're a Software Engineer), it actually depends upon your requirements. Visual Basic is a good choice if you're willing to get almost any job done in a small time, whereas Java is good if you're doing a software that needs to work on different operating systems. Otherwise, C/C++ is usually much faster than almost any other programming environment available today (except for Assembly ofcourse, which is preferred only for tweaking your code - rather than writing complete software projects)...that's why some groundbreaking work has been done using C/C++ e.g. the Windows, Unix and Linux operating systems are written in C. More recently, a great engineering achievement, the decoding of the Human Genome, was done using programming done in C (primarily b/c of its speed).

programming languages for engineers

popat_panjaru said:
its all depends on which kind of program that you would like to do???...

if u r looking for microcontroller programming than C/C++ is best insead of .asm

if u r looking for Digital Communication programming than MATLAB is bast

if u r making any software like GUI or any other than JAVA is best

Popatlal

I like with "popat_panjaru" but i would like to add my experience in automation system.

C++ / VC++ is developper likely develop in Auto system or M/C.
JAVA is developper likely develop in data correction,data traferring.
MATLAB is developper likely develop in math,tranfer function in engineering.

-------------My favorite Microcontroller---------------------------
www.embedded-hardware.com

microcontroller programming language java c#

MatLab

program language for engineers

I use Matlab for first simulation / proof of concept and algorithm.
I use (trying to) C# for GUI and all within PC/ Network.
I use C for embedded as usual, much less for Assembly.
I also will try to use LabView for larger simulation/application as a system.

best programming language engineers

The truth is the knowledge of any of mentioned languages is good.
Besides when you start working your employer will tell what he wants you to get familiar with.
I think learning C++, is the way to go, because other programming languages have similar syntax to it.

i do believe that C/C++ is the best programming language , at least to be excellent
programmer . may be if you have been very familiar with C/C++ i think the best thing to get the top is to learn Java which will not be difficult absolutely , but i still prefer C/C++ as the beginning . notice i say C++ not Visual C++ .

...c is basic high level language.. easy to learn and other came from c

basic is assembly .. all engineer need to learn for more deeply design..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back