Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming and debugging with STM32F4-Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

nieur

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am using uC/OS II in my project. I have made it work on LPC1768(Keil Simulator). I am also using Ethernet in project
As I don't have any programmer or debugger for LPC1768 I will have to program LPC1768 with UART0 but i don't like it because it requires RS-232 port or FTDI chip and it doesn't provide debug capabilities.
I have just bought STM32F4-Discovery board which has STM32F407VG on it. So I was thinking of using it as Programmer debugger
so I have some questions

1)is there any way to program and debug LPC1768 using ST-Link v2 on discovery board with or without any modifications?
2) If i can not program NXP parts by ST-Link how much difficult will it be for me to switch to another ST microcontroller with CM3 or CM4(if supported by uC/OS II by turning off FPU) core?
I have no prior experience with ST parts
3)if i can switch to ST parts which is good alternative to LPC1768 which i can use with ST-Link provided on discovery board

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.