Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programming and debugging issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyzabcpqr

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hELLO ALL,

I am using PIC16F1937 , MPLAB IDE V8.7 as a software platform tool and MPLAB ICD 3 as a programmer/ debugger.
I am facing some strange problem .

When I program my board and using MPLAB ICD3 programming supply, it works good. but when I remove programming connector and apply external supply it does not work. and even when I reconnect programming connector to provide supply, then again it does not work and i have to program it again to get it working.

And in Debugging, it gives this error:
Programming...
The following memory regions failed to program correctly:
Configuration MemoryAddress: 00008007 Expected Value: 000009a4 Received Value: 00000000
Programming failed

I have some confusion related to the MCLR pin connection and its software setting.
Can anyone help me to resolve that issue?

I believe it has an internal MCLR pullup in the IC.

Have to switched to a "release" version of the code to program it and also switched to using the ICD3 as a "programmer" not "debugger" in MPLAB?

Have you enabled the MCLR pin in the configuration word or not?

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.