Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming Altera FPGA via USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_phoenix

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
:D Hello,

:?: Does anybody know any sites regarding the protocol on Programming CPLD's/FPGA's? (I mean, relating the signals of the *.pof with the signals on the JTAG)
:!: I am developing a board now with Altera's EPF10K. This board has a USB interface. And I am thinking that I might change the program, in the future, on the EEPROM of the EPF10K. So I'm planning to develope a software to download the *.pof to the EEPROM.

:arrow: Please help me.

:wink: Thanks in advance.

blue phoenix
:(

Programming @ltera FPGA via USB

Hello blue_phoenix,

You can find all information about configuring Altera FPGAs and CPLDs in the “Configuration Handbook” (**broken link removed**). What kind of EEPROM holds the configuration data in your design?

Bye,
cube007

Re: Programming @ltera FPGA via USB

cube007 said:
What kind of EEPROM holds the configuration data in your design?

Thanks cube007 :D . By the way I use EPC2LC20 configuration device. I am now checking the website you adviced. This may take a while 8O .

If anybody else has other sites they could advice to me, please tell me.

Thanks again cube007

Status
Not open for further replies.