Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programming 89v51rd2 again and again

Status
Not open for further replies.

raviraj.jr

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
89v51rd2

Dear friends

I've been using 89V51RD2 series Microcontroller for some time and i wanted to know by programming it over and over again, are we accessing the same memory over and over again, erasing it and re programming it. It has 64 kb flash memory.
How do i use the other dedicated address also, i want to use all memory before IC goes bad.
(( or ))

Suppose my Programme is 2 kb and i programme it first time and erase it, next time if i programme does it use the same memory again.I'm worried abt other 62 kb unused memory which will be wasted, insted i want to programme the same 2kb programme in all possible memory locations..

Hope my question is clear. Kindly clarify my doubt in this regard..

89v51rd2 programmers

the hex file always selects the memory region according to the compiler
the compiler selects the memory region unless specified

eg in Keil compiler we have to give org 0100h to put the data at 100h memory location so at the reset vector position we have to specify jump to that memory location

and dont worry about memory it is not easily degradable
the flash as specified in datasheets is having a 10000 write/erase cycle

so its enough for a life of a controller
Even I dont have a problem on the flash corruption till date

Status
Not open for further replies.