Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programmer hardware not working on new DualCore Motherboard from ASUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushabh0013

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends,
i have encountered strange problem on my Desktop.
I built JDM based PIC Programmer hardware and was using PICpgm to program my PICs such as 16F877 & 18F4550. I was doing it on pc with Dual Core E5500 processor 1GB DDR2 Ram & Motherboard from ASUS corp.

Then we baught machine with Dual Core E6600 Processor with 2GB DDR3 RAM & Asus Mother board.
So after that my PIC Programmer hardware stopped working. Its still working very nicely on the old PC. But not in the new one. I cheked every possibility but not able to figure out the problem.

Also checked Settings of Software, Hardware, Serial Port etc but all is same and still its not working.

Is that possible that just using on some new advance Desktop PC the same software might not work?

Please help.

Thanks.

JDM has known problems with low voltage COM ports, e.g. of notebook computers. Possibly, the motherboard changed to 3.3V supplied RS232 drivers as well. Try with external power supply of the JDM programmer.

As stated in the PICPgm description:
The JDM Programmer is a High-Voltage Programmer which is connected to the serial port (COM port) of the PC. It takes the programming voltage directly from the PC's COM port, so no separate power supply is needed. Due to the reason that the power supply is taken from the COM-port, for "weak" COM ports (especially in Notebooks) this could be a problem. So in this case the COM port could not provide a sufficent programming voltage and programming will fail.

Which software you are using for the burning ?
what is the result when you try to program ?
explain details it will help to experts to quickly resolve your problem

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Upon connecting the JDM based PIC-PG2 Programmer PICpgm Software detects Programmer but doesnt detect PIC IC. Also i Checked the voltages as you suggested but its 5.18V. so voltage may not be the problem.

If we manually select the PIC and program it then PICpgm starts programming but Verification is failed. and after that we checked the program but its not wokring on the board.

Everything works fine with the old PC. But not with the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.