Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programmer for PIC 16F877?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanir

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic16f877 programmer

Well, I've tried JDM, didn't work and I failed badly, so I'm looking here for any other programmers that can program my PIC 16F877. I need it to be easy and not time consuming please. Thanks in advance.

Really, really appreciate the help given if any. :cry::|

pic16f877a programmer

hi
if you are trying to make your own pic programmer it will not be perfect and it will be very sesitive to any design bugs, it is not reliable but it is cheap .

i went down through that way at the end i decided to buy a pic programmer ,ifound agood but very cheap one 35$ only fromthe following site
www.micro4you.com

best regards

winprog800

i had the same problems before and i now am with propic2.is marvelous and can program except 18 series i guess.there is a propic2 gold scheme here.just search and there is a site www.diyot.comfor schemes of which i didnt test.just search;)

jdm programmer 16f877

i got a propic v3.43

https://www.picallw.com/

i will update the firmware and some hardware changes to cover most pics
and its future proof to a degree

most pics have a popularity life time of 2 - 15 years
depandant on how good they are at there job

and in the time most other processors will be covered i am sure

i like this guy

he is honest and cheep at 20 euros for a firmware programmed pic

i flashed many many chips and types using this programmer and it has always and most projects still used work fine and as per...

if a processor is fairly recent and uses a similar algurithm ie
boosts of being 'pin compatible ' to a previous type

then it can also then usualy just need an added line to the .ini file
within the propic install

so 20 euros is a little cost...
the other programmer i use is a epic pro i built from parts and a schematic from a site

it works for most pics but dosnt cover eprom and senix and avr very sad,,,

but propic does and the frontend for it is now freeware

i think the owner will bring foward a free full version soon

so ,,,:|

a point to note is that if and once you flash a boot block loader into the pic
you can then flash it from a simple serial cable

via three pins

see comvdd ebox circuits for an example

programmer for pic16f877

I made JDM programmer, then it is working for all pic microcontroller like 8 pin, 14 pin, 18 pin, 28 pin and 40 pin.

16f877 jdm

Don't make the mistake of thinking that the PIC16F877 and PIC16F877A are programmed the same way. I had to learn about that the hard way:

I use a classic David Tait programmer (built myself) and winprog800 programming software. I have had no problem with the hardware, but I ran into some software problems with ICProg in programming the PIC16F877A so I switched to winprog800. Many people use JDM with no problems, but some people have problems with JDM (mainly with laptops). I've never tried it.

With the PIC16F877, you have to pull RB3 low if you're using high voltage programming. Most programming software provide a method to toggle the programming data, programming clock, and VPP/MCLR signals. I'd start there. You should be able to toggle programming data and clock between 0 and 5V (or close, like 0.4 to 4.8). You should also be able to toggle VPP/MCLR between 0V and 13V. If you're not getting 13V, you will never program the PIC.

- Hope that helps

simple pic16f877 programmer

hai all

use propic2 it is very easy
and it covers most of the pics and eeproms
if u need more details send a pm

pic16f877 jdm programmer

propic2 not working winxp.

Added after 3 minutes:

it is working this schematic for 16f877 with icprog.

pic16f877 jdm programer

Hi!
Search for winpic800 software on google. i have been using it without any problem. It supports a lot of different hardwares.
The schematic is attached.

jdm programmer for pic16f877a

respected said:
propic2 not working winxp.

Added after 3 minutes:

it is working this schematic for 16f877 with icprog.
I've try this one it was wonderful
I advice any one to built it ....amazing
10x

Status
Not open for further replies.