Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programmable ROM in ASIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm using Verilog to create an ASIC and then later using Encounter to synthesize the design. In Verilog I use a Block ROM to store some coefficients, however for the ASIC I would like to stream in the coefficients as those values change from one ASIC to the other. I'm thinking about using some sort of SPI interface. Is there a simple way of achieving this? Or how would I go about doing this? I'm targeting this design for UMC 90nm.

Thanks

Is there a simple way of achieving this?
I think so.

Connecting all parameter bit registers to a chain would be basically sufficient to load parameters. A second register set to latch the data from shift register would extent the interface to standars SPI and also allow parameter reload during operation.

Thanks for the reply. Is there any way to have the data be stored indefinitely, something along the lines of an internal EEPROM? Or do I need to have an external EEPROM and have the ASIC read in the values to the registers during bootup?

Thanks

I wouldn't expect EEPROM cells in an usual ASIC process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back