Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programmable delay of around 1us using pic18f8722 and 20 Mhz crystal.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jit_singh_tara

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends ,
i was making a customised function for generation of delay say : delay_custom_us(unsigned int).

Now the problem is i am not able to get 1us delay and delays in its multiples.The moment i use for or while loop they consume instruction cycles and hence additional time .Please suggest what to do and how. I want precise delay of 1us ,10us , so that whatever parameter i give in function i should get that delay.
please suggest how to proceed.

Last edited:

you will not be able to get reliable delays from a subroutine unless you are willing to look at the disassembly.

the most efficient (from a programming point of view) and the least efficient (from a code size point of view) way to get reliable but short delays is to use NOP().

for longer and reliable delays (>100us) you have to rely on timers.

do i have to use a for loop with a nop(); the for loop itself consumes instruction cycles, how will i get precise delay........?

Status
Not open for further replies.