Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programm for clock/counter with pic16f628 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexservice

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i have made a circuit a clock with seven segment with the pic 16f628. can any one help me in order to have in the same circuit also a time counter. so with a button to change from clock to counter. thanks

Hi,

You need to post your existing code and circuit diagram to see if its possible.

hi thank you for your reply i have posted you my existing code and soon i will post and the circuit diagram.
thanks.

Attachments

• pic16f628a.rar
    1.1 KB · Views: 108

Hi,

Well no idea what the 16F84 code is for, are you actually running it on a 628 ?

A quick google makes me wonder if its valid , certainly without any notation alongside the code, it would be easier to start the code afresh.

Perhaps have a look at this proven clock / temp unit also Assembler code, its much more modern and possible to modify it.
Digital Clock/Date/Thermometer with PIC16F628/PIC16F84/PIC16F690 and DS18S20/DS18B20

If you are wanting to learn Assembler than have a look at Nigels Goodwins current tutorial site.
Nigel's PIC Tutorial Page

hi again. i will post the circuit i would like to know that i have tested the following circuit with this hex file and has no problem it works fine.
see the circuit image002.jpg
if you have any other idea reply to me.
if there is any one who can write for me a program i am going to pay for this.
thanks a lot

Hi,

Well its good to know you have got that code working, so many of the old web based projects have some kind of problem.

Though it is running, the problem for you is that the Assembler code has no notation, so the first thing that needs to be done is go though the code in detail to find out what each section is doing and how they all interact.

Once that has been achieved then extra code for a timer /stop watch can be added.

As mentioned in many other previous posts, you will be unlikely to find anyone to do the whole project for you for free, thats not the purpose of these forums.

Paying someone to do it for you is more probably a good way to be ripped off.

If you search the web its quiet probable you will find a clock / stopwatch already done, either as a free project or a kit to buy.

Can I ask why its so important to you that you are even willing to pay, a school project ? - and why you do not want to program it yourself - its actually not that difficult if you really want to learn ..?

first of all i want to thank you for your interesting. of course i want to learn how to change the programm thats why i am looking for some help because i dont know about programming codes. so i am loking for help in order to understand some thinks and do some things by my own.

Hi,

If you are looking to continue with Assembler then this practical tutorial will give good experience.
Nigel's PIC Tutorial Page
It also covers 7 segment leds and a counter program which will allow you to write full and proper code for your current project - once you are able to do that you will soon see how easy it is to add a clock and stopwatch.

Also see this tutorial **broken link removed**
It gives a slightly different take on the same things, plus it also gives some examples in C, which many follow.
Its an ongoing debate which is better to start off with Assembler or C.

Assume you have a programmer and have programmed up the 628 ?

Have you downloaded Microchips free IDE - MPLAB - that contains the Assember core.

While hardware is the end choice there are a couple of software simulators you can use to test your code on rather than burning the chip or changing your circuit every time.

MPlab has its own SIM which is usefull but somewhat limited or you can use third party software like PIC Simulator IDE with Basic Compiler, Assembler, Disassembler and Debugger and Labcenter Electronics - Professional PCB Design and Simulation Software, both have free trial versions.

Hope that get you going ...

i read your message and i will try with all this you have written me.
hope to find something in order to make this project work. thanks for your help

Hi,

It may all seem a bit daunting, but start off with the simple things like turning on / flashing a Led as in Nigel's tutorial 1 and build your experience up from there - making your clock your final objective.

If you get stuck just post your code showing which chip you are using, someones always here to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.