Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Programing Rover 5 Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richy1912

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I recently purchased a Rover 5 and motor controller and was wondering if someone could help me with programming it. I need to program it so that it autonomously goes forward, stops, and backwards over a predifined time. I understand that for example driving Ch1 high will make the motor spin forwards and low backwards, but how exactly do you drive Ch1 high/low? Do I need a seperate microcontroller and connect the Ch1 pin to one of the outputs of the mc?
I would also like to be able to control the power output to each motor as I need it to drive as straight as possible.

I am very new to this scene and have had very little experience with electronics, so please excuse the basic questions.

Links
Rover 5: Dagu Rover 5 Tracked Chassis with Encoders - 4 Wheel Drive
Motor Controller: Dagu 4 Channel DC Motor Controller with Encoder Support

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.