Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programing an atu-100 issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3vuv

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,i have an atu-100 automatic antenna tuner kit,i need to reprogram the pic with my pickit3,all i get when trying to read is this(see pic) it says all protect so i cant read it,i havent tried writing yet,any idea how to make it readable,ie get rid of the all protect in red,thanks in advance Paul m3vuv 73.
my atu dump.jpg

Erasing it should restore normal operation. From what you show, the copy protection is turned on to prevent it being read but erasing should reset the copy protection (and lose all the contents of course!) then allow it to be rewritten again.

Brian.

i have already tried erasing it,it says its erased ok but after writing the hex file comes up as the same as in the pic,i need to remove that 'all protect' in red but dont know how,cheers +73

I use PICKIt3 but with different software because I use Linux as my OS so I can't advise on where settings are. From the CONFIG words it seems you have HV programming mode selected (high voltage on VPP needed) so please check you are not trying to erase it in LVP mode. I don't know if you have a genuine PICKit3 or a clone but I do know some clones do not provide correct VPP voltage so that could be the problem.

Are you programming in-circuit or on a bare IC?

Brian.

hi brian,i am trying to program it on the bare pcb ATU-100 kit,i think i have sorted it,but not sure how!,cheers Paul m3vuv 73.

Status
Not open for further replies.