Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Production PIC Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

UK_Sonics

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have written an encrypted boot loader for the PIC that relies on a hardcoded serial number stored on the bootloader as the decryption key.

I need to program many PIC devices with the bootloader and increment the hardcoded serial number every time (by modifying certain locations in the hex file and recalculating the CRC).

I would like to make the programming as automated as possible, i.e. one program that increments the serial number, calculates the crc and programs the device. To do this I need a programmer that has either a facility to increment certain flash location, a public API to the programmer or a programmer that has the software in source format so I can modify.

I am currently using Olimex ICD2 debugger/programmer and would prefer to carry on using this for production however I am open to suggestions.

Many thanks

John

Have a look at propic2 GOLD, it has SQTP,Im not sure if this is what you are after.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.