Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Produce a PSD from Pole Zero information

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaitam

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am wondering how do you actually go about calculating a PSD when you know the locations of your poles and zeroes ie pzmap. I dont know if this is simple and I am not understanding something.

Thanks very much!

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

please calrify.
Are you talking about the Power Spectral Density at the output of a filter when white noise is applied to the input (ARMA process)?
regards

Z

Z

Yes I believe this is what I am after. I basically need to produce a graph of the power spectral density and all i know is the location of the poles and zeros of the system.

Thanks

Hi Thomas,

The PSD at the output is

Syy(ω)=Sxx(ω)•|H(ω)|2

where Sxx(ω) is the PSD at the input (constant in the case it is white).

I hope this is the help you need.
Regards

Z

The pole zero info gives you H(z). Pyy=Pxx.H(z).H(1/z) . Use this to get psd. Pxx is fourier transform of the autocorrelation of the input signal. The input is usually a white noise process.

(source: statistical digital signal processing by monson hayes.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back