Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Processor cannot access all memory on SDRAM modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

rp0777

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm having this problem where my processor, S3C2440, can only access 50% of the memory on each of my two SDRAM modules, HY57V561620. I've double checked my schematic and everything's good. So I think the issue may have to do with the layout. However, from what I know, if all the wires are routed/connected properly, decoupling capcitors are correctly placed, and DRC passed then that means layout is good. Is that correct or am I missing something?

Anyways, any suggestions on what I can do to debug this or where I can look? I'm trying to avoid using the oscilloscope and logic analyzer.

If someone has knowledge of S3C2440 and would like to see the schematic/layout, I can have them forwarded.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back