Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problems_Differential pairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi002

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a few queries regarding differential pairs:

1- In differential pairs,we need to route the nets parallel.Since we can not route the nets 100% differential i.e.we can not make route 100% parallel due to the placement and pin gaps of the components.My question is the minimum % criterion(commonly used for all devices) for differential pairs.

2- Also,we have to match the lengths of differential pairs.Is it really desirable?

Regards,
Abhi

Hi Abhi,

as far as pecentage is concerned i dont know how much difference in percentage is permissible.

but length match is necessary for diff_pairs as mismatch in length will cause phase difference due to the fact that with different lengths the signals will reach the destination at different times there by causing the phase difference.

regards,

Ricky

Hi,

Check this site out,it answers your query,

**broken link removed**

Regards

Ramesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor