Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with simulating hierarchical design in Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonn

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
c@dence

Hi every body, Iam trying to simulate my verilog code using c@adence tools .. when I tried to use Veril0g-XL .. it works well for a single module but I faced a problem with my Hierarchical Design ..the tool can't see the nested components and there is an error (module or primitive not defined verilog-MPND) ... ok how to define them ? I put all my files in the same directory as I used to do with X!l!n!x ... my code is working with X!l!n!x but because Iam new to c@adence I just don't know how to make the tool to see the other components in the Hierarchical Design ?
any body can give me a hand ... thanx

Re: c@dence

You can edit a filelist file.
for example:
### filelist
./top.v
./**.v
./**.v
### endof filelist

then you can use

ncverilog -f filelist

that 's ok!!

c(at)dence

1) you may wdit a batch file suchas: run
" verilog -v yourcodelist +gui - "

verilog admit you to write the *.v in your run direction.

Re: c@dence

well some friend told me very easy way to do it and I would like to share it with you because I found many questions - like mine - on the internet without answer
so the answer will be :
from virtu0s0 ver!log environment for ver!log-XL integrator window:
1- click setup
2- click simulate
3- click more
4- link all your ver!log files in the library files field (with path)

hope that help others also
thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back