Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with SIM300 as it doesn't detect the sim card

Status
Not open for further replies.
sim300-evb_v2.02 manual

hi all
we did ESD testing on the SIM connector connected to a SIM300D module in power off state.
Before the test everything was working fine
But after the test i am constantly getting on request of AT+CPIN?
CPIN: SIM ERROR
my VDD_SIM is showing 0V.
one thing i would like to mention is that my schematic is according to the Reference Schematics of SIM300 EVB. All the caps and transzorbs SMF05c are in Place.
i also tried powering the SIM using a 3.3V supply instead of Internal regulator but no use.

please do suggest ASAP
Regards
Wasi

www.utoolkit.com/gsm/

wasi_22382 - It would be better if you started a new thread for your post instead of tacking your post onto a thread that started 3 years ago! One of the problems with adding on to an existing thread is that if someone helps you, you can't click on the "Helped Me" button to give them credit. Only the person that started the thread can do that.

sim 3000 gsm module

The sim300 module work fine with sim-cards of 2.8 - 3.0 vol. But don´t work with the sim-cards of 1,8 vol.

My test board has all fine. It has the capacitors of 0.22 uF, also the TVS and the resitor pull up between VDD_SIM and DATA_SIM (10K).

I do not see the problem.

pdf filesim300 modem data sheet

hiii everybody,

I want to take the PC audio output and give it to the MIC input of GSM modem(sim300). do i need a preamplifier circuit for that as I am not getting any play when i am receiving the call and playing any audio on the PC side

free sim300 datasheet

what antenna that can be connect to Murata MKTX92xxxx connector??? anyone can help me?? i'm just confusing with this problem??

sim300cz sim error

hi friend
i have sim300cz v3.04
where i can find this module pin out?
thanks

Sim300

Hello all,

I have done the connection between the remote server and the client where the SIM300 modem is connected through TCP/IP stack.

But now i have to establish the email facility.
but i am not able to do so.

So please can anybody tell me am i using the right modem (SIMCOM SIM300)??
Does this modem have a facility to send and recieve the emails??

If yes then please send me some procedural steps for the same, and if not then which modem should i have to go for the same application??

Please reply me as soon as possible...

Thanks in advance...

Added after 2 minutes:

Hello all,

I have done the connection between the remote server and the client where the SIM300 modem is connected through TCP/IP stack.

But now i have to establish the email facility.
but i am not able to do so.

So please can anybody tell me am i using the right modem (SIMCOM SIM300)??
Does this modem have a facility to send and recieve the emails??

If yes then please send me some procedural steps for the same, and if not then which modem should i have to go for the same application??

Please reply me as soon as possible...

Thanks in advance...

Re: Sim300

As far as I know, SIM300 does not have email functions.

/pisoiu

Sim300

Hi,

I have SIM300C module. Where can I find some scheme of a developer board. thanks.

charge Li-Ion battery

i working with sim300z and not succeed to charge the Li-Ion battery.
I doing this work:
connect "CHG_IN" pin to 5v & "VBAT" pin to battery pack(3.6v)
however when i sending "AT+CBC" message to sim300, the response of the module is no charging.
is other component necessary to charge battery or the method of charging is mistake?
plz hlp me!

Sim300

If you are not limiting the current into the VCHG pin you may have destroyed the internal charging circuit.

ma_ok36 said:
how can I limit the current?
You need a regulator that has "Output Current Limiting". These are commonly found in devices that have integral battery chargers and use Lithium batteries; ie. MP3 players & Cell phones. Many of the analog IC manufacturers produce them - i.e National, TI, Analog Devices, Linear Technology, etc.

ready and again not ready

dear frnds,

when i start the sim300 module it gives cfun:1 and +cpin:ready and detects the SIM (2.8V at 1st pin) after few secs it responses +cpin:not ready and starts blinking.when i restart the module again the above process continues.

the module body is grounded.
i used 10k pull up from 6th pin to 1st pin of sim
220nf capacitor at 1st pin
Vbat is 4.2V & 2A current with 100uf tantalum and 100nf capacitors.
when power on the voltage at vdd_ext is 2.91 and intially 2.8v at sim_vdd but later it comes down to 0.04v.

please help me in solving the problem.

wclee wrote:
anyone selling this sim 300?

Yours for $70!

module itself, 2 SMD connectors, pigtail adapter and magnet mount antenna

sim300.png

gravi,
I am having exactly the same problem:
On the power on the module replies
RDY

CPIN: READY

And couple seconds later it says:

CPIN: NOT READY

Did you ever solve that problem.

P.S. This only happens when I put an american AT&T sim card in. Everything works fine with a russian SIM.

Hello,
I'm using sim300d, I've got a problem, I conected two indicators LED to netlist and status. When I turn on status is on all the time, netlist is blinking. I don't know what send as initial sequance. I use voltage regulator 5V to VCHG and battery 3,7V 1300mAh to VBAT.

greg_001 said:
Hello,
I'm using sim300d, I've got a problem, I conected two indicators LED to netlist and status. When I turn on status is on all the time, netlist is blinking.
If the net LED is blinking fast it is trying to register with the network... If it is blinky slow (once every 3 secs) it has connected to network.
greg_001 said:
I don't know what send as initial sequance.
What do you want to do with the module?
greg_001 said:
I use voltage regulator 5V to VCHG and battery 3,7V 1300mAh to VBAT.
The 5V input to the VCHG pin must be current regulated to 600mA, otherwise you may burn out the module.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back