Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with SIM300 as it doesn't detect the sim card

Status
Not open for further replies.
at+cpowd

Hi Guyz,

I have SIM300CZ V3.04 and I have not any experience with this module.
I want to use this module with an AVR uC to send sms.
Would you please write me (or show me via picture) just pins that I need to use of this module?!

Your help is greatly appreciated in advance.
Regards,
Zahak

sim300 avr example

What is the sensibility of the SIM300 with low signals compared to a normal cellphone?

I can't register with the network when the signal is not full on the cellphone.

Have tried several antennas to no avail.

The power supply is ok, no dropout when transmitting.

Kosh

sim300 5v

Kosh said:
What is the sensibility of the SIM300 with low signals compared to a normal cellphone?

I can't register with the network when the signal is not full on the cellphone.

Have tried several antennas to no avail.

The power supply is ok, no dropout when transmitting.

Kosh

you can't really compare a sim300 with a cellphone. they are two very different things with a different set of parameters.

a full bar reading on a cellphone does not translate to a strong signal strength reception on a sim300.
I have tried requesting simcom for an answer but to no avail thus far.

If you want to improve reception or transmission clarity, i would suggest that you check your antenna placement. It is vital that the antenna is placed far from lights or any electrical devices. It would be better if you place the antenna out in the open.

what does sim300 do

Hi,
I would like to use sim300 module in listening mode for GPRS communication.For this task I hope we need Static IP provided by GSM/GPRS provider and we should see that our module never disconnects to IP layers. Will these parameters sufficient to maintain my module in listening mode.

With Regards,
Ravi Kumar

footprint for sim300d

gravi said:
Hi tramp
Did u get voltage external and SIM VDD. Im getting Both EXT_VDD and SimVDD after power on but Sim VDD is droping after 40sec Automatically. I guess my problem will be solved if SimVDD remains constant.

Thankyou,
Ravi.

gravi,
I am having the same problme, my SIM VDD is dropping after turn on...
How did you solve that problme...
Thanks in advance.

sm bl gsm modem cms error

Hi all.

Got a SIMCOM 300 module working nicely but thought the following was possible but cant seem to figure it out.

Basically want to dial the module and pass a number to it as part of the call...for example if the telephone number for the module is 07971 232423 then I thought if I type in 07971 232423 1 then 1 might appear as well in the receiving caller id. Does anyone know if it is possible to pass digits to the module like this??

Any help would be great. Thanks

Trev

sim300 evb v2.02

I don't think it is possible. Numbering scheme is part of the GSM system, and if you dial an extra 1, you basically dial the wrong number.

vbat low esr tantalum capacitor gps

Thanks for the response. Wonder if there is a way to change the number it appears to come from. That would be useful.

tcp over gprs sim300 repeat

Yeah, I also want to make data transfer for free...

sim300 gsm modem sim problem 517

Hi, I've been trying to sent data out to a sepcific location by the SIM300. Have used my dynamic IP as the target and and connecting on TCP/IP using the Sim300. I find that after the CIPSTART command, the module does not connect to the IP But is does connect to other IP addresses like airtellive. any ideas on this? I can furnish further info as required.

cms error 517 sim300 bl

Hallo guys,
I am Vishal Raut and I am Hardware and PCB Designer.
Now i am designing PCB for the GSM modem using sim300_v7.03.

Can anybody provide me the datasheet of the sim300_v7.03 in which the footprint of sim300_v7.03 is provided.

sim300_v7.03 pdf

Dear Vishal..... Design I can give you the Foot print of SIM300. tell me which software you are using for designing PCB?

sim300 change band

microembedded said:
Dear Vishal..... Design I can give you the Foot print of SIM300. tell me which software you are using for designing PCB?

Altium 8.6.1

Go ahead and post if here, I am sure others will benefit as well..

sim300 antenna problem

Hello,
I have just bought the SIM300cz and connected as per manul download from the intenret. when i power on the module with the PWRKEY low the stautus LED turn on and it shows:

RDY
+CPIN: NOT INSERTED
+CFUN: 1
+CPIN: SIM ERROR

I could not understand why is not detecting the SIM. on power on with NO SIM there is 2.8V and gone quickly. I think problem is that i dont have any SIM_VDD volts thats why giving Sim error. Could you please provide me any schematic or how i can remove this error.

Regards
Shan

sim300c evb schematic

It's critical that you have the .22uF capacitor on the SIM_VDD line. Without it, the internal regulator will not be stable and may shutdown.

at+creg cts rts

Hello GSM Man,
Thank you so much for your reply.
I have checked the schematic and connection of the 6 pin sim holder. They were not correct. I have checked them and now i get :
RDY

+CFUN: 1

+CPIN: READY

Call Ready

But modem restart after few seconds and checked the voltage drop below < 3.6V but the supplied voltage is 4.2V. Should i increase the main voltage.

Shan

sim300 module circuit diagram

Don't increase the voltage, but make sure your power supply is capable of supplying 2A. The radio draws a lot of power when trasmitting to the tower, and the power drop is causeing the module to reset. Also, make sure the you have adequate bypass capacitors mounted "right at" the power pins. You need to use a 100uF low-ESR capacitor (tantalum) in parallel with a .1uF ceramic capacitor. Make sure you put these as close as possible to the modules supply pins. Also, make sure your ground traces are big enough - I'd recommend you use a ground plane.

sim300 rs232 communication only with rx tx

Thanks GSM Man,

Sorry for the late reply. Finally i have done i have changed the 100uf capacitor with the Tantalum with LOW ESR and its working fine. I have checked all functions and send and receive sms and make calls easily and checked already with my controller.

NOw, i have i want to get data from my temprature / gas sensor and upload on the website database (i have created an ASP script) for this.

I have connected the GPRS and i get the IP also from the provider: AT+CIFSR

This time my website is running of freeserver. Could you please tell me is it possible i could run this URL / Link from the GPRS modem. Also this is the right way to upload data to the database:

http://users1.nofeehost.com/zeeworks/xt_email.asp?prefix=srn&text=12345678901

I am waiting for your reply.
Shan

sim300 at command datasheet

Yes, you can do that...see my post to a similar question at:

sim300 at command datasheet download

Does SIM300 search all bands when I change SIM cards?

Or do I need to manually set the band?

Kosh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back