Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with serial port

Status
Not open for further replies.

dperez79

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I'm still new to VB but i'm developing some interface for the serial port
and in the earliest days (making experiences and messing with the serial
port) it become open. Since then i can't manage to close it, it is opened since I start the PC. I've downloaded some aplications that work with the serial port but all give me the same message ... "Port already open".... and i can't get information how to solve this problem...
Help please......

The thing is another application has already open the port before you run your program. Find out which application and close it before you run your vb program. Most probable cause is that the serial port is being used by a modem or mouse, under dos and windows, it is reserved before you are able to run your application. Disable the drivers if you are persistent to do that, or you might try to use another port.

In addition, you may remove temporary any add-on board on your machine like faxmodem or devices using the serial ports to automatically disable the device drivers.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back