Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with sending SMS messages with sim300 modem using AT commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

raghavender

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i am using sim300 modem,i want to send sms from my device.I am sending SMS in text mode.

I am using commands like this,

AT+CMGS="mobile number",128

after i enter above command it will came in to text mode, and i enter some text massage then i enter ctr-z.

But it will show
+CMS ERROR: 193

+CMS ERROR: 515

Please can any body suggest me

+cms error: ps busy

+CMS ERROR: 515

the definition of ERROR: 515 is PS busy. What is mean by PS busy, please help me.

ps busy

Hi,

'CMS ERROR 515' is received in the following cases:
1. Sending a SMS when the SIM initialization is going on (after rebooting the module).
2. Reading a SMS immediately after booting the module when SIM initialization is not yet over.
3. Writing a SMS to the memory before SIM initialization is complete.
4. Sending more than one SMS at a time or sending a SMS when the response (OK or ERROR) for a previously sent SMS has not been received.

Rgds,
Selvam R

Reactions: sherazi

sherazi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hay, i am using sim300 and i am also getting the same error. actually i am trying to send sms with gprs link. following is the command sequence i am following.

AT+AGATT=1
AT+CGSMS=0

after this i wait for a while and then send the sms sending command.
AT+CMGS="mob num"
>message then ctrl z
+CMS Error 515

whats going on wrong?? please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.