Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with RH 7.3 KDE and Cadence IC 5033 on Vmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

panto

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I 'm a beginner of Linux and of this forum and I'm in a trouble.
Since I need to keep Linux on Windows I've installed Vmware and then RH 7.3 on it as guest OS because it's the best version for Cadence IC:

1)first of all I need to know about the question of the color depht requested by cadence (24 bit).How can I set it?where exactly can I download the appropriate Vmware driver and how install it?

2) after I installed RH 7.3 I've tried to run Xwindow desktop (kde)with the command startx but it fails and tells me about a problem with Xfree86;I think RH 7.3 doesn't identify my video card(ati radeon 9250 agp 128 MB),how can I resolve it?.Moreover I don't succeed in installation of VMware Tools which seems to be important

please help me
:|

thanks a lot

Your problems begin with your reasoning!
U're runing linux in a virtual machine where your hardware doesn't exsist. IRedHat doesn't care what kind of graphics card U have or what cind of audio card beacose with in all wirtual machhines the hardware is the same it's vnware
Now for a few questions
What version of vmware are U using ?
Have you disabled exeleration ?
Have U installed vmware tools ?
Is your virtual Hard Drive IDE ?
If eny awnser to the questions above is no make it yes, for how to do thar read the vmware documentation!!!

Hope you're sucsessful.
;-)

1)my vmware version is 5.5.3-34685
2) I don't understand what you mean
3) J've just installed vmware tools
4) no,it's scsi (0:0)

in the image you can see what happens when I launch 'startx' at the command shell, after I installed vmware tools!

27_1171988019.JPG

exeleration or acceleration is a wmvare tool that accelerates utilization of guest os's it should be disabled under linux-es do it thru tools or better yet search the help documenttion.
I've had problems with fedora and virtual scsi so I'ld say try ide.
Try removing the virtual network with the host os.

Status
Not open for further replies.