Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with power supply for an amplifier project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbf

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello.
I am making an amplifier on two TDA2030A. Now anything is connected to the PCB and the only problem is that I need to buy the correct transformer and connect it correctly.
I don't have the schematics, but I have uploaded a part of the schematics where I need to connect AC - GND - AC. It needs bipolar power supply and I have never did anything like this.
So what type of transformer should I buy and how to connect it to the circuit? And how powerful it should be (As I have heard, in reality it does not produce 2x18W as it is said in instruction)?
acdc111.png

hello.
I am making an amplifier on two tda2030a. Now anything is connected to the pcb and the only problem is that i need to buy the correct transformer and connect it correctly.
I don't have the schematics, but i have uploaded a part of the schematics where i need to connect ac - gnd - ac. It needs bipolar power supply and i have never did anything like this.
So what type of transformer should i buy and how to connect it to the circuit? And how powerful it should be (as i have heard, in reality it does not produce 2x18w as it is said in instruction)?
View attachment 62459
hi cbf in your circuit you have to use 12 -0-12 step down tanformer,in put voltage 220-230v ac, output 12-0-12 vac 2 ampere or you may use 12-0 step down tanformer,in put voltage 220-230v ac, output 12-0 vac 2 ampere .

---------- Post added at 00:07 ---------- Previous post was at 00:06 ----------

Thanks for your answers.
Now I understand that I can use a center tapped transformer (is it the mentioned 12-0-12 ?)
And if I used a 12-0 transformer I would have to rebuild the filter, yes?
But is it possible to use a transformer like this one?
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back