Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with installing Linux.Mentor.IC 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdang

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I 've just got the ic_2001.1-6.ixl.exe file from BBF*p but it does not execute in both Linux or Windows. Is this file corrupted? some body help me please!
---------

I was able to install it on linux but haven't got it to run yet. When you run it, it will start out with question about license agreement. If you're not getting anything, then your download file must be corrupt.

PP

On 2002-05-02 03:45, hdang wrote:
Hi,
I 've just got the ic_2001.1-6.ixl.exe file from BBF*p but it does not execute in both Linux or Windows. Is this file corrupted? some body help me please!
---------

Hi,
I downloaded it again and got it run. However, I always have a message about MGC_HOME not point to the right MGC tree. Does any body have the installation manual for this s/w?
Please help me!
-----------

this program is partial or complete?who can tell me.

Hi,
I run in the same question.
May be ic_2001.1-6.ixl.exe is the IC Stn specific platform, and we may need the platform independent package in order to get it work. Just guess, some one expertise in Mentor please help us,
Thanks in advance,
----------:)

This file is a ELF file with Exe extention ... For execute this file you must type this command chmod +X ic_2001.1-6.ixl.exe , now you can execute this file and install I*C Sta*tion for linux...

Can you please tell us how to make it run after installation since there is not any document in this package?
Thanks in advance,
-------
hdang

Does it include ELDO simulator ?

I have the following message try to run Linux ic:
error when loading shared libraries : libmgc_eddm_ic8_9.so:can not open shared object file: No such file or directory.

Please advice,
-------
hdang

The problem happen always when u do not point ur enviroment
variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to ur tool's specific library.
look for the *.so and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:ur_path

I believe libmgc_eddm_ic8_9.so is the library file that
comes with the calibre package, and is obviously missing becuase it
was packed wrong. Anyone got the working version
of calibre that has the proper library, also? please pm me. Thanks

please pm me as well,
thanks in advance.
--------
:oops:

hdang said:
Hi,
---------

Hi,

step1:You need use "tar xvf ic_2001.1-6.ixl.exe" command to generator a directory of install8.
step2."cd install8"
step3."./install" and so on ........

Good Luck.
Best Regards,
Chyau

hdang said:
Hi,
---------

Hi,

step1:You need use "tar xvf ic_2001.1-6.ixl.exe" command to generator a directory of install8.
step2."cd install8"
step3."./install" and so on ........

Good Luck.
Best Regards,
Chyau

Status
Not open for further replies.