Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with Eagle Autorouting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludvig

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
eagle autorouting

Hi
I connect IC-sockets with yellow lines from layer 19 in a very simple design to test autorouting. Then I click Autorout icon. Autorouter set up window pops up. There is top - bottom - all other layers N/A. I click OK and my screen flashes 2-3 times. After that I can read "Autorouter 100% finished" but there is no changes in my PCB-design. Its still same "airwires". Before I start autorout I chg wire to Bottom 0,6.
Mvbrgds Ludvig

eagle auto routing

Ludvig said:
Hi
I connect IC-sockets with yellow lines from layer 19 in a very simple design to test autorouting. Then I click Autorout icon. Autorouter set up window pops up. There is top - bottom - all other layers N/A. I click OK and my screen flashes 2-3 times. After that I can read "Autorouter 100% finished" but there is no changes in my PCB-design. Its still same "airwires". Before I start autorout I chg wire to Bottom 0,6.
Mvbrgds Ludvig

Hi Ludvig.
I'll give this a go.
what kind of package is the IC's. smd's or pin thru ?. If they are smd you migth have to reduce the routing grid, Eagle sets 50mil as standard but this is almost imposible to route in with smd's, try reducing to 25mil or perhaps 12.5mil.

Also try to have a look at you're design rules (just click th icon) you migth have some issues there also.

Hope this helps regards Topper

auto routing in eagle

Hi Ludvig.

I'll post here instead of PM you because this migth be of common intrest.

I loaded you're design and found that you had used the wire command (in layer 19) to create the airwire net.
This is wrong, the wire command is for manually routing between the IC's (even thoug it's in layer 19).

Used the signal command to build the airwire net instead.

Othervice i think it's a nice layuot. And if you change the wire to signals it will autoroute perfect.

Topper :)

eagle autoroute ic pins

Hi Topper
You are 100% correct. I have used the wirecommand instead of signalcommand. Now it works OK even for me. :)
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Ludvig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back