Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with AT89C5132 USB/Serial Communication!

Status
Not open for further replies.

john2020

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,
I am having problems with Atmel FLIP, it refuses to talk to the microcontroller. I tried using USB with hardware reset condition (ISP connected to GND via 2.2K resistor and RST = Vcc to reset). D+ and D- of the chip connects to the USB cable to the computer. I've installed the USB driver many times. I usually get the error

"Cannot open Port" or
"USB driver NOt installed" <\b>
even though I just installed the driver.

I have tried this on different computers and still I couldnt get it to work yet. Is there a way of running the bootloader software other than this? And how do I know that the bootloader software is in the memory of the chip?

Thanks
john

Xm, disconnect RESET pin from VCC !

hi kukaz

i will check it.i will try disconnecting reset pin from VCC,but are you sure this will rectify my problem?

thanks
john

High level on RESET pin (VCC) set and HOLD controller to initial (reset) state.
Bootloader do not work !

hi kukaz

You said, High level on RESET pin (VCC) set and HOLD controller to initial (reset) state. but why should i do this?could you justify out?do you mean to say this would affect the bootloader?am not getting what you are trying to say,reply me

regards
john

See AT89C5132 datasheet, page 18 (figure 12), 43 & 44

Best regards !

Status
Not open for further replies.