Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems when simulating transmission line phase shifters in IE3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi_kolkata

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i am working on transmission line phase shifters.but i saw one immediate problem with simulating the structure with IE3D(this is the only planner tool i have an access to) is that when i am using the line segment as it is (340micron) and feeding it with extn. for MMIC ports and 15 cells for deembedding , it gives very diffferent results from the one if i simulate the same 340micron segment with two deembeding arms added on both the sides (7500micron each for 10 GHZ and above) and extract the parameters using ABCD matrix for the single segment.

is the difference is due to port to port coupling or something else??

i will be grateful if somebody helps me with it.

with regards

abhi

Re: some IE3D doubt

Hi, Adhi: Are you talking about using the 2-port s-parameters to extrac the TLN parameteres through ABCD? Again, you need to be very careful not to use very long TLN for it. If you use it, if it is near the integrals of half wavelength, the result will be affected much due to the nature of TLN. Your description is not very clear on it. Please send me the file (jian@zeland.com) and I will help you. Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back