Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems of Aperture-Stacked Patch Microstrip Antennas

Status
Not open for further replies.

unicorn_yun

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I have some problems in the simulation of Aperture-Stacked Patch Microstrip Antennas. Refering to 'Design of wide-band aperture-stacked patch microstrip antennas', I have established a model and got its result. But the BW is not so broad. So I adjusted the dimensions of my ASP antenna. But it dose not take effect. My question is:
1) Which parameter takes great effect on ASP antennas? I know there is several factors influencing the characteristic of ASP antenna.
2) Can someone provide some reference?

My ASP antenna needs a center resonate frequency at 0.9GHz (0.6~1.2GHz, VSWR<2), BW about 67%.

Thanks

please you send this structure to me.
do you simulate this structure in software hfss or Ie3d?

This is a question that is similar to a problem that I have been working. Found a solution in a nearby band using these references as a basis but it was based on experimenting rather than analysis of equations. I am relluctant to be more specific because of company restrictions.

I did not have to get to the 67% bandwidtnh you cite but would consider using additional parasitic patches as one possibile path. I would also try for low dielectric constant (e.g. air) and wide spacing of patches . I could picture a pagoda like stack of three or four patches as a likely candidate.

Have you found any references to any one who claims to have achieved the 67% 2.0 VSWR bandwidth? My first reaction is that it might be possible but that there is a high probability of not achieving this bandwidth. If I had to work on this further my first step would be to spend some time with a model and HFSS to see what I could achieve. That model would also allow me to see what dimensions are most effective in increasing the bandwidth.

Keep in mind that 30 to 40% bandwidth in a patch structure is considered to be very wide indeed and this goal is twice what is usually practical.

I used HFSS to simulate. And I got a result in another model, which achieves 1.1~2GHz(58%BW, 2.0VSWR), and the dimensions are the same as the one in 'Ultrabroadband Printed (UBP) Antenna'. The structure is similar to the one mentioned in the 'Design of wide-band aperture-stacked patch microstrip antennas', using Dual-offset feedlines. My ASP antenna (0.6~1.2GHz, VSWR<2) uses air substrate instead of foam-subs and Dual-offset feedlines as well. Now I achieved three peak frequency points from 0.6~1.2GHz, but the BW is still not that large. So I think if I adjust a better dimension, the results may be achieved. Thus, I try to change the dimensions of two patches, and then adjust the heights between the ground and patch1, and the heights between patch1 and patch2.

Hi all,
I have achieved 0.6~1.2GHz, VSWR<2.

can we use the patch antenna for 60 ghz, do u have tried it on hfss?

I have finished the antenna, and the measured result is 0.5~1.3GHz, VSWR<2.5. Since the BC is not the same, so I think my design is ok.

Besides, I have not tried it for 60GHz.

Hi,
I have a similar problem.
I have to design an ASP antenna (1.1~1.6GHz, VSWR<2), BW about 40%.
My antenna has to work in circular polarization.
The one that you have designed works in linear or in circular polarization?
What kind of substrate have you used, Foam and FR4? and you have used only 2 stacked patches or more patches, for example 3?
Yuo could send me your hfss file or some dimension of your project,I need help :)

I simulated the model of the paper too, and I did not get the same rusult. Maybe the BC is not the same, so we cannot get the same one.
I do not know what your problems. I think the feedline and the dimension of the Slot are crucial, you can adjust it first. And you can get one resonate frq. And the patch one determine the other resonate frq, so this two broad the bandwidth. Patch two can make the result better, that is to say, it helps to get a better VSWR result. I do not know is it clear to you. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back