Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problems in LC vco design using cadence tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rana Aly Onsy

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
Does an LC VCO schematic contain a pulse generator with a very large period (can be placed in series with one of the capacitors) just as a source for noise to help start oscillation?? My LC VCO only works in this case but it doesn't work on removing the pulse generator, is this correct??

Also, there is something I can't understand, I designed the vco (haven't yet placed varactors) so that the C & L values gives a frequency of 0.5GHZ, but on carrying out the simulation, the frequency is found to be 2.5GHZ, why??

Should there be any resistance placed in parallel with the tank circuit?? is the Rp which is always mentioned in any article concerning this point just a theoritical issue, relating the coil and cap. internal resistances and gm of the Mosfets to the design??.

I don't know how to use the resistance from the technology files, it refuses to change its values, and the values already placed are very small, about 90mohm

Thanks in advance for any offered help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back