Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems faced while Impoting in IE3D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashish.mw

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I wish to discuss a problem i am facing while importing in IE3D. It is known that IE3D allows to import .dxf file and gds2 file as well.
While i faced no problem in importing .dxf file with a single layer, but the problem begins when i try to import more layers. What i tried is, i drew multiple layers in a single .dxf file and tried to import in ie3d at different levels. But still single layer was imported.
Then i tried by creating separate layer files and imported on ie3d, but while doing so, previous import was removed and new one was taken into effect.

Secondly, when i tried to import .gds file it is asking me to locate some other files as well like layer map file and so on.

Can anyone please guide me on how to import in the above two scenarios? I shall be highly obliged.

Thanks and Regards

Do you have a licensed version of IE3D ? If so, do contact Tessolve, Bangalore who are the [sole] distributors of IE3D I suppose.

thanks for suggestion, but i must tell you that i already contacted the Tessolve engineer and that too 3-4 weeks before.
I am still waiting for their reply and now i have lost all the hopes, then i only i posted here to seek help.
I would appreciate if you may help me by suggesting any solution.

Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for suggestion, but i must tell you that i already contacted the Tessolve engineer and that too 3-4 weeks before.
I am still waiting for their reply and now i have lost all the hopes, then i only i posted here to seek help.
I would appreciate if you may help me by suggesting any solution.

Thanks in advance.

I was with Zeland myself way back in 2005. I must say it is one of the most basic tools available today.

What you can try is get all the different layers on a single layer on DXF with a gap of say 100mm or so. Import it and it must work ! You may then move it accordingly in IE3D.

Anyways which version have you been working on. I have last worked on V 12.odd in 2006.

thanks. i will try as you said.
IE3D is now sold under the banner of Mentor Graphics and i am using the latest version; v15 and that too at my institute's laboratory.

I did what you said, i.e. drew two layers in the single .dxf file with a gap between them but still the IE3D recognizes only one layer out of two. here is the dxf file, its just a simple two layer design with a triangle layer above a hexagonal one. What i wish, is to have them as two different layers in IE3D design.

Attachments

• imp.rar
    259 bytes · Views: 40

I did not ask you to draw 2 layers in 1 file.

Draw the 2 different layers as 1 single layer with a spacing of 100mm or so. Then import in IE3D and make the necessary changes.

Are you not able to draw the structure in IE3D directly?

yes..yes..1/2 problem solved. thanks a lot.
was able to pull it off as you said.
Please if you can comment on gdsII import as well.

Regarding ability to design in IE3D, i have no problem, it is just that I wish to work upon Fractal antennas and you can see the type of slotting used in such antenna and i find it difficult to do such in IE3D while it is quite easy to perform in HFSS, and what i feel to promote is interoperability among various solvers.

Thanks again.

sorry Ashish, I have not worked on gdsII import. In case I get access to IE3D in the near future, will try it out as well and revert !

Status
Not open for further replies.