Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with VB .NET program which will automate creating HFSS models

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleForce

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm working on a VB .NET program which will automate creating HFSS models. The code looks something like this:

Code:
Imports HFSSAppLib

Sub Main()
        oAnsoftApp = CreateObject("AnsoftHfss.HfssScriptInterface")
        oDesktop = oAnsoftApp.GetAppDesktop()
        oProject = oDesktop.NewProject

'Scripts here...

End Sub

It's working fine except for 1 problem. When an HFSS window is already open, with CreateObject("AnsoftHfss.HfssScriptInterface") command oAnsoftApp refers to that HFSS window. If multiple HFSS windows are open, it refers to the 1st opened window. I want my tool to open a new HFSS window and apply scripts there w/o interfering w/ other HFSS windows. I tried using System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("C:\Program Files (x86)\Ansoft\HFSS13.0\hfss.exe") at the beginning to open a new window but had the same problem if another window is already open. I wonder if there is a way to choose a particular instance of HFSS.

Thanks,
EF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back