Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with USB to rs 232 converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradeep23

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi im doing one simple project USB to RS 232 converter but when i connect the board its showing unknown device i dont know wat s the problem plz help me

Re: USB to rs 232 converter

hi im doing one simple project USB to RS 232 converter but when i connect the board its showing unknown device i dont know wat s the problem plz help me

What board ?

Where is circuit of that board ?

What chip did you use ?

PCB ok ?

Driver installed ?

It is not clear what you actualy need. If you need to make RS232 to USB converter, or to make that part in your final projoct you can use our shematics that works 100%.
**broken link removed**

Greetings...

hi i am using FT232R USB UART IC .....s PCB s correct...

- - - Updated - - -

how can i send the circuit?

FTD Chips working very well, you should check PCB connections, PC drivers, and such things, there is no mistery with thise chips. You can give us more details about your problem if you want to help you.

You can attach PCB and circuit with post message.

we are using this circuit only sir...................how can i send the PCB image to u sir?

we changed the IC also but it seems to some other problem anything to change in xp sir ......
please give some steps to install drivers .........................

Well, @pradeep23, your attached image is USB => UART, not USB => RS232.
For the second one, you need an MAX232 after FT232R, and of course, software drivers from the FTDI site.

As your circuit is using the FTDI chip, there should be no problems with the circuit. But have you downloaded the virtual serial port driver from the FTDI website? Your PC does not automatically recognize FTDI as a valid device and herefore you must force the correct format by using the driver from their website.

@ Pradeep, you're willing to use USB to RS232 by trying USB to UART circuit !

The voltage level at the Controller's UART TX and RX pins (0 to 5 V) is often called "TTL level". The voltage level at the FT232 UART TX and RX pins is also "TTL level". The voltage level at a PC 9-pin "serial port" TX and RX pins (-12 to +12 V) is often called "standard RS232 level".

So the circuit posted by the electronicsbasecom is the perfect solution for you.

To clear your confusion thoroughly read the whole topic posted here : **broken link removed**

All the Best :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back