Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with uploading the VID & PID for PIC18F4550 using WinPIC800 + JDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

EEGig

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone manage to successfully uploaded the VID & PID for PIC18F4550 using WinPIC800 + JDM? If your answer is yes, please share the Hex file and the setting for JDM fuses. I manage to upload the bootloader using WinPic800 + JDM but so far all the hex omited the VID & PID. Therefore, my PIC18F4550 did not respond to the VB examples from Jan Axelson (The guy who wrote the book "USB Complete"). Thanks in advance guys....

Re: Need help plz....

Mr. Microchip has some samples for USB development using MPLAB + C18 compiler (free for limited optimizations). I have compiled and used this samples (from Microchip) without problems, and VID & PID can be changed in source without problems. At PC side I have a sample code in C++ Builder, that can be used as a base for your develpoment purposes. At PC side, you can change the PID and VID too. WinPIC and JDM are just flash tools, and can't change the code. I think that code doesn't work well or this tools doesn't support this device, but VID and PID can't be omitted for this tools.

Try first see if you can flash a simple program using this tools, if you can, you can flash a USB program too, then the problem is the code. If this is your problem try to get a microchip sample and use then for tests purposes.

leomecma

Re: Need help plz....

leomecma said:
Mr. Microchip has some samples for USB development using MPLAB + C18 compiler (free for limited optimizations). I have compiled and used this samples (from Microchip) without problems, and VID & PID can be changed in source without problems. At PC side I have a sample code in C++ Builder, that can be used as a base for your develpoment purposes. At PC side, you can change the PID and VID too. WinPIC and JDM are just flash tools, and can't change the code. I think that code doesn't work well or this tools doesn't support this device, but VID and PID can't be omitted for this tools.
Great, seem to me that someone has successfully uploaded the bootloader into PIC18F4550! I have downloaded the development softwares from microchip but I havent got any development tools (hardware) from microchip.

With WinPIC and JDM, I have successfully uploaded the bootloader and tested the LEDs test (given in eegeek.com). I guess my real problem is I need to do some changes to JDM setting, make it compatible with the example from Microchip or Axelson.

Can you send me the hex file read from a working PIC18F4550 (proven successfully worked with Jan Axelson VB code / microchip example) so that I can compare it plz.....

Status
Not open for further replies.