Status
Not open for further replies.

EEGig

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Does anyone manage to successfully uploaded the VID & PID for PIC18F4550 using WinPIC800 + JDM? If your answer is yes, please share the Hex file and the setting for JDM fuses. I manage to upload the bootloader using WinPic800 + JDM but so far all the hex omited the VID & PID. Therefore, my PIC18F4550 did not respond to the VB examples from Jan Axelson (The guy who wrote the book "USB Complete"). Thanks in advance guys....

Re: Need help plz....

Mr. Microchip has some samples for USB development using MPLAB + C18 compiler (free for limited optimizations). I have compiled and used this samples (from Microchip) without problems, and VID & PID can be changed in source without problems. At PC side I have a sample code in C++ Builder, that can be used as a base for your develpoment purposes. At PC side, you can change the PID and VID too. WinPIC and JDM are just flash tools, and can't change the code. I think that code doesn't work well or this tools doesn't support this device, but VID and PID can't be omitted for this tools.

Try first see if you can flash a simple program using this tools, if you can, you can flash a USB program too, then the problem is the code. If this is your problem try to get a microchip sample and use then for tests purposes.

leomecma

Re: Need help plz....

Great, seem to me that someone has successfully uploaded the bootloader into PIC18F4550! I have downloaded the development softwares from microchip but I havent got any development tools (hardware) from microchip.

With WinPIC and JDM, I have successfully uploaded the bootloader and tested the LEDs test (given in eegeek.com). I guess my real problem is I need to do some changes to JDM setting, make it compatible with the example from Microchip or Axelson.

Can you send me the hex file read from a working PIC18F4550 (proven successfully worked with Jan Axelson VB code / microchip example) so that I can compare it plz.....

Status
Not open for further replies.