Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with UART program for NXP LPC2132 ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.

RF_man

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
NXP ARM

hello;

After a couple of year on PIC uCs ,recently I started working on LPC2132 Arm microcontroller.I use Keil Real view uc development kit, I've compiled a few project and they worked well, however I couldn't figure out how to arrange startup.s file.

I have been working on a simple uart program explaining in AN10369 paper. But, what i see at output is just nonsense characters different that the example giving.

I suspect that this startup.s files includes wrong configuration. I send a email to support of NXP and thay sent a "code bundle for lpc21xx" for keil.Obviously startup files are different, but I am stuck here, because i have no idea how to create a suitable startup file for my project

It is said in the startup file "Use Configuration Wizard in Context Menu" But there is no context menu in my program. could it be because i am using evaluation version of this program?

Any help will welcome...

**broken link removed**

Re: NXP ARM

Hi

As an advice don't tuch the startup.s file unless you have to !

Your probelm look like baud rate probelm - you terminal program looks on a different baud rate, or your micro has a wrong setting

from my point of view the problem is in your micro check the uart setting register

All the best

Bobi

Status
Not open for further replies.