Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with UART based TX & RX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahmmed Razu

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing my semester project on wireless communication which is related to UART and Transmitter,Receiver .I am sending data to Transmitter (KST TX01) using uc(ATMEGA16) via Tx pin and receiving data in another uc(ATMEGA32) through RX pin from receiver(KST RX 806).The problem that is that my circuit woks sometimes and sometimes shows garbage value.When i send data from computer to receiver uc(ATMEGA32) directly using serial communication then it works properly.When i send data using transmitter(KST TX 01) and connect the RX pin of RS232 cable coming from computer to the Rx pin of receiver uc(ATMEGA32) then my desired data is displayed in computer screen but my receiver uc(ATMEGA32) does not work according to my command.Where could be the problem i can not understand? Suggest me please.

Last edited:

can you explain a little more about this?

When i send data using transmitter(KST TX 01) and connect the RX pin of RS232 cable coming from computer to the Rx pin of receiver uc(ATMEGA32) then my desired data is displayed in computer screen but my receiver uc(ATMEGA32) does not work according to my command.

check your baud rate weather it is same on both side.... and also check 5th pin of DB 9 RS 232 in grounded...

if that wireless module is communicated via serial port we have to use uart tx rx in uc. for example zigbee, it can be communicate only by serial port.. but we can make choice for tx and rx. it is not compulsory to use tx and rx pin for a zigbee. it depends on our requirement
For Wireless transmission is it compulsory to use UART Tx Rx ?

Just want to know

can you explain a little more about this?

When i send data using transmitter(KST TX 01) and connect the RX pin of RS232 cable coming from computer to the Rx pin of receiver uc(ATMEGA32) then my desired data is displayed in computer screen but my receiver uc(ATMEGA32) does not work according to my command.
When i sent data from my transmitter uc(atmega16) via KST TX 01 and connect the RX pin of RS232 cable at the transmitter tx pin of my transmitter uc(atmega16) then sometimes i found desired data and sometimes not.but at the receiving end(KST RX 806 connected to atmega32 rx pin) i found a output .when i connect a LED(with 470ohms R) at my receiver UC(atmega32) pin the voltage falls from 5V to 2V. I checked my connection again and again.Where may be the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back