Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with thickness information when importing DXF files into HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

elektr0

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hallo,

everytime i import DXF files (from sonnet Em) into HFSS, the thickness information is lost.

Could somebody pls help.

greets elektr0

dxf hfss

I remember HFSS only can handle the 2D DXF geometry. But you can use "sweep->along vector" to grow the surface into 3D object.

hfss dxf

I do not know which version of HFSS you are using, but try importing IGES or SAT file format. They are industry standard formats. Try some converters.

:D

sweepalongvector

From my experience with DXF import, the HFSS automatically did "sweep->along vector" and made from a 2D DXF surface into 3D object. Fortunatelly, one can manually delete sweep along vector and 2D surface is again obtained...

import hfss

ok thank you, i will try to convert to sat.

Does anybody know what to do if HFSS crashes down and the file is locked.
I dont want to loose my last corrections....

hfss dxf import

Hi,

Sonnet can export GDSII files and you can make layer map file so that thicknes is recovered automatically. I never did this myself but a lot of my colleagues do it quite frequently. Think there is a buit-in macro for this operation, or it should be available from Ansoft.

flyhigh

import .dxf to hfss

hi, elektr0. For the crash problem, you can just delete the autosave file in the HFSS folder, and then the HFSS project will be unlocked.

hfss import dxf thickness

Hallo and thanks,

just deleting the lock file does also delete the last project status.
But may be thats it.

greets elektr0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back