Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with the results of simulating diff. VCO at 0.15u

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmos_dude

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
VCO help

Hi All
I have designed a differential VCO at 0.15u tech. I simulated the design by gradually increasing the control voltage and got oscillations where the oscillating frequency is increasing with the increase in the control voltage.
but the oscillating swing decreases at low control voltages.
I have attached the simulation result pic.
Please look into and tell whether the simulation results are what they are supposed to be.
Any kind of inputs will be highly appreciated.

Regards
cmos dude

Re: VCO help

We can not give you any useful feedback without looking at your circuitry first -- it is needed to debug a problem in the design.

VCO help

Normally, good question will result in good answers. Do you need junk answers?

i think you can add a level shift at the output of VCO, such the output of vco will tuggled with 0 to vdd.

Added after 3 minutes:

i think you can add a level shift at the output of VCO, such the output of vco will tuggled with 0 to vdd.

Hi All
I really apologise if my earlier post was not clear enough.
Here is the differential cell that I am using for my circuit. It is a ring oscillator design. I am also confused as to what should be the input voltage at the Vcp terminal in the differential cell. Presently I am keeping it at a constant voltage.

Regards
cmos dude

You can keep control voltage constant to see the oscillation. Maybe you can check whether the differential pair is out of saturation region or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back