Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with testing IR2110 MOSFET driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

rightcorner

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I've setup the following circuit to test ir2110 mosfet driver
But I couldn't get any voltage on the scope screen even input of the 2110 toggled via mechanic on/off switch.
Any advice?

Thanks for helps.

Re: ir2110 problem

Since the external mosfets are not connected, Vs pin (high side ground pin) should be connected to gnd and VB pin will have a voltage close to Vcc (12V). The Ho pin will depend on the HIN pin logic. I think you should be able to see the voltage on the scope ans it should be depended on HIN pin.

Re: ir2110 problem

WindRay has spotted one of the problems.
But I think the COM pin must also be connected to GND. That is because the low-side driver contains an UVLO circuit that afects both the low-side and the high-side drivers. Look at the block diagram of the part. The low-side UVLO circuit controls the pulse generator.

So connect to GND both the COM and the Vs pin and you should see the output change.

ir2110 problem

Thank you,

What sort of boot diode should be used?
byv27 or byw28 is ok for 200V mosfet DC bus?
Is it possible to drive the IR 2110 with 1us pulse width?
Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.