Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with syn0psys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonn

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
your_library.db uid-3

When I read a file in syn0psys I got this messages

Warnig: Couldn't read symbol library 'your_library.sdb'. (UIS-33)

Warning: Can't read link_library file 'your_library.db'. (UID-3)

Is there anything I should do about this?

what is your_library.db

u must setup library in synopsys.
or run/source .dc_setup.synopsys file.
or manual locate library files.

Vonn

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
your_library.db

You at least need a link_library( standard cell library) such as slow.db. This library is to map you design from RTL to netlist.

cant read link_library file your_library.db

thanx guys I have already the syn0psys_dc.setup in the same directory but iam new to both un!x and syn0psys so could you illustrate more what exactly should I do either the un!x command or how to locate library files manually ... thanx

Hello, Vonn:

You have NOT set your link library and symbol library to point to the correct paths. Check with your UNIX path that stores 'your_library.sdb' and 'your_library.d

Jing

Added after 2 minutes:

OK, Vann:

in UNIX, cd to the path where your libraries are stored, and pwd, you will have the link path and symbol path.

Jing

add the direction about your link library and symbol library into the .dc_synopsys.setup.

or in the menu, add the direction of the library you need link

Vonn

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi guys , thank you all for your help actually I tried to run syn0psys_dc.setup but it didn't work .. the solution - 4 me - is to identify the paths manually as visualart and aravind said and it works but let me write the answer in a simple way for the wind0ws users - just like me - :

ok from the syn0psys design analyzer window:
1- click setup
2- click defaults
3- update search paths to the library location
4- update link library
5- update target library
6- update symbol lib.

thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com