Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problem with solder mask printing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hiii,
i use silk screen method for printing solder mask layer.
but i have problem. how i can matching pcb layout with solder mask layer?

Your question is not clear. You generate both by the same software and get it alligned 1:1 on the etched PCB and print on. If you need more details, you need to clarify your question in detail.

the solder mask layer and layout are 1:1

when i put pcb in silk sreen to print solder mask ! i can't aligned all pcb with silkscreen . alot of board solder mask print in wrong place on pcb i have error with matching silk screen with all pcb layout.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:

i ask about if some one in this forum use silk screen method. and my post deleted why :-(

Your solder mask is not misaligned, your silkscreen/legend is though.

To align it you need small crosses on your artwork external to the board.

These should be aligned with crosses on your bed, if you put small bits of pcb on the bed 9usually held on with tape) to slot the PCb into before silk screening it then they need marking up so the crosses in the screen align with the markings.

Once they are aligned you might put tape on the underside of the screen so no ink comes through the crosses.

Or - if your bed allows it you can shine a light through from underneath so that you can see through the PCB and align the screen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back